Cinnamon & Ginger Beef Bowl
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 93
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 10g
Saturated Fat 4g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 6g
Total Carbohydrates 50g
Dietary Fiber 6g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 4 cups Water
- 1 1/2 cups Mirin (rice wine)
- 3/4 cup Soy sauce
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1 bunch Scallions, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 6 Garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Cinnamon sticks
- 1 2-inch piece of Fresh ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 pounds Beef stew meat, cut in 1-inch cubes
- 1 Tablespoon Vegetable oil
- 4 Carrots, cut into matchsticks
- 1 8-ounce can Water chestnuts, drained
- 3 heads Baby bok choy, torn into chunks
- 2 cups Snow peas, halved
- 8 ounces Rice noodles, uncooked
- Mix broth and it set aside.
- Heat oil in dutch oven on medium-high. Fry beef until just browned. Add broth and bring to a boil. Cover and simmer for 1 1/2 hours or until beef is tender.
- Discard ginger slices and cinnamon sticks.
- Add carrots and water chestnuts. Simmer, covered, for 15 minutes. Add remaining ingredients , bring to soft boil and cook until noodles are just done.