- Creative director
- UI designer
- Front-end developer
As the Director of Creative Strategy for The Media School at Indiana University, I developed design solutions for a vast array of mediums, including web, print, email, and promotional materials. I worked with faculty and staff to determine objectives, create development and recruitment strategies, craft messages, and manage marketing budgets. I collaborated with multiple web developers and copy writers to execute projects and lead a revolving team of part-time designers who developed design concepts into digital and print pieces. Take a look at a sample workflow from the Media School’s website below:
mediaschool.indiana.edu site development
This site was a massive undertaking that evolved over time and countless iterations of redesign. Over the years, I was responsible for the site’s creative direction, user interface design, and small sections of HTML and CSS. We completely transformed the site navigation to mega menu style, added a choose your own adventure style quiz, created a secure login system allowing site users to adjust their news preferences and create public facing profile pages, developed auto-populating faculty and staff directories, and much more.
Talked with students, faculty, and staff to develop use cases for the site. Collaborated with honors students on senior thesis projects analyzing GUI design, social media, information architecture, and responsive design issues for the site.
Collaborated with web editor to conduct a physical card sort to restructure current site navigation and reimagined the information architecture.
Created mockups in Illustrator for content of all types for phone, tablet, laptop, and desktop.
Helped with responsive CSS, web typography, coded print styles. Created a custom Media School icon font.
Pushed latest code live and went back to step 3 for a different section of the site.
- Custom illustrations & graphics
- WordPress theme design & coding for the High School Journalism Institute and student travel blogs
- HTML e-mail design & coding for recruitment emails, event invitations, and e-newsletters
- Corresponding print campaigns including postcards, print invitations, and greeting cards
- Merchandise and Promotional Materials
- Brochures and viewbooks
- Anne Kibbler, Director of Communications and Media Relations
- Laura Pence, Director of Creative Strategy
- Gena Asher, Digital Content Manager/Web Editor
- Alex Weiss Hills, Web Developer